• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer Case

Bryan

I've managed to kill my NP208 and was considering a NP205 swap rather than repairing old 208. I've got a few questions and have done a bit of research but haven't found all the info yet.

Is the stock TH 400 a short output shaft version (meaning that the NP205 will need a long input shaft)?

Is the stock NP 205 in the 1031 a figure 8 or 6 bolt round pattern. Also, is the rear output a slip yoke. Will a round pattern NP205 fit the exsiting 208 adaptor--I've seen indications that this is possible with minor modifications but nothing definite.

I found several figure 8 --th400 adaptors but thay seem too tall-were there crossmember differences or am I missing something?

It appears that the easiest way to make the swap is to obtain a long input, round pattern 205 with a rear slip yoke and either the correct adaptor (or reuse the existing if possible) and shorten the readr drive shaft.

Thanks
Bryan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks