• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck-Lite LED Blinkers

captcarc

Installing a set of Truck-Lite LED blinkers on my A3 today. How do the wires match-up? The light has 4 wires: ground, green/483/484, blue491, and red 460/461. The truck has 461, 491 and 20. Do I plug 20 from the truck into green/483/484 on the light or is 20 the ground? (The original light had 3 wires and LED has 4. Thanks!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original light grounded through the bucket attachment, so the ground is the 4th wire that wasn't on the original.

My LED lights have red/460/461, blue/491, green/483/484/20, and white/ground.

Attach LED red/461 to truck 461, blue/491 to truck 491, and green/483/484 to truck 20.

Sometimes the LEDs come with a wire with a ring terminal on the end and sometimes not. I attach the ground wire with a ring terminal through the bucket mounting bolt with some star washers.

captcarc

Thanks Castle Bravo and others...great info. Front blinkers are wired and installed. I should've taken note or remembered, but were the yellow front blinkers running lights as well? Right now, all they do is blink for turning (and the black-outs light-up when selected). Thanks!

captcarc

Welldigger...is parking lights the "brake lights" position on the multi-switch? They don't light when I do that either. Of course, I may have another problem because my taillights are very bright in that position and in the headlights position and I don't have brake lights. From another thread, I've pulled the two wires off the brake switch and the bight taillights do not dim. Someone indicated that is a short in the system. Thanks!

welldigger

Put the light switch in service light position (headlights on) and then turn the 3rd lever (bottom one) to park.

As far as your other lighting issue you could very well have a short.

Did everything work correctly before you switched to leds?

captcarc

Wow. I didn't know that setting...obviously a freshman. The brake lights, and all lights, functioned the sale as now, which is without brake lights and with rear driving lights too bright. Thanks again!

captcarc

Running lights work in that setting...awesome! Learned something new today that I should have known already. And this gives me hope for brake light troubleshooting because, for the first time, my taillights were dim in that setting and were brighter when blinking. Still no brake lights but I will try to remove and jump the 2 wires from the brake switch tomorrow and will hope they brighten indicating a bad brake switch, I think. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks