• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tubes for 1600R20 tires?

Hammer

Called the local tire shops, and the cost for tubes is crazy!
That, and they have a hard time finding a tube bigger then the 14r20. They have plenty bigger, but they are for bigger rims.

I just made some wider rims, and I need to get some tubes, and flaps, to get the tires properly mounted.

Btw, how wide are the stock flaps for the 16R20 tires anyways?

Hammer

PM sent on the stock tubes.

I didn't flip the centers. But the rims are about 12.5" wide. I wanted a very WIDE stance to the rim and tire rather then a bit too narrow. And this 'should' help keep them fairly lined up without having different rims for the front.

comdiver

I just checked Michelin's catalog and here is what they say. 16R20 takes a Tube Code 20V and the tube catalog # is 32961. The flap is a 20X10.00. FYI a 14R20 takes a 20S, # 32420 tube. The flap for this tire is still 20X10.00. International Tire and Tube has them listed for $52.49 each for the tube. They also sell flaps. Internation Tire and Tube Company - Inner Tubes

Hammer

I just checked Michelin's catalog and here is what they say. 16R20 takes a Tube Code 20V and the tube catalog # is 32961. The flap is a 20X10.00. FYI a 14R20 takes a 20S, # 32420 tube. The flap for this tire is still 20X10.00. International Tire and Tube has them listed for $52.49 each for the tube. They also sell flaps. Internation Tire and Tube Company - Inner Tubes
Best prices I have seen yet.

Hammer

The first rim is for testing purposes.
I want to find out how wide I really want the rim before I build the rest.
Joe, I have read that thread many times in the past, and recently! Good info in there.

FYI, I can get the tubes new at the local Les Schwab for $60 each.
And the link mentioned already has them new for $52.49 each.
Still means close to $300 for tubes and flaps though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks