• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo gasket????

hammerdown

Hi just a quick one..

I'm changing Turbos very soon and need
to find out if there is a gasket in there somewhere
, or can I use old one??
Please advise..

Jones

Old shade tree mechanic's trick:
Make sure both turbo to exhaust manifold mating surfaces are as smooth and clean as you can get them.
For the gasket; spray both sides with silver paint-- seems to give a little extra surface thickness which helps in re-sealing.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 3. Turbo flange, oil drain and the turbo outlet. Don't use silicone on the oil drain, it can close off the hole and then you'll have oil out both sides, if you can't find one you can make it from gasket material. Jones is correct, you can put it together with painted surfaces, but, if you can find the correct parts, use them. It will leak after time and you'll be doing it over. The outlet isn't so important, if the two surfaces aren't flat, you'll just smell exhaust in the cab when you are sitting still. The thin gasket takes up the irregularities.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks