• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vacuum pump

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westy, can you post up a part number and brand?

hobie237

Another thing to try would be local junkyards. Whenever I'm in one and I see a truck with a 6.2 diesel and an automatic, I grab odd parts like that, just in case. They're usually dirt cheap.

hobie237

They're out there, the 6.2 wasn't common, but it wasn't/isn't exactly rare, either. We have a couple yards here that tend to specialize more in trucks/SUVs and almost always have a couple 6.2s or 6.5s, just a recommendation to keep an eye out if you're there. If not, it's not a big deal, since pretty much everything for a CUCV can be had off the shelf at any auto parts store. It's just cheaper to get scrap yard stuff.

rhinob

Very helpful, thanks. The part number was exactly what I needed to find it efficiently. My '95 Land Rover Discovery has a Hummer 6.2 in it and the rear vacuum pump had a terrible leak. This should do the trick. Yes, it has both types of pumps installed.