• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN number Redundancy

bushton4

I have a 931A1 that I was planning on getting a title for. The VIN number plate that is normally on the right hand side dash of the cab is missing. There has to be a redundancy VIN somewhere on the truck. Any ideas where? If not how does a person get this SF97's filed without it?
thanks

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's on the frame behind the driver's side front tire. I can go look later, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

I had to get the VIN off the frame of my M818.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Some of them have the numbers stamped into the drivers side frame to the right of the steering box. If they are there, they will be in large block letters left to right. The up down sets of numbers there are part numbers. I have 2 939a2 trucks that have gone thru depot rebuild they are both stamped and I have one that is not rebuild and it does not have the stamp. The only place it has the serial numbers marked on it is the data plate and I looked all over.

Last edited:

Csm Davis

Might can get it from Carnac if you have the registration code off the door or hood.
Does anyone have a clue where it might be on the frame if it isn't behind the steering box? Has to have one somewhere right?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks