• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltage Regulator ?

LanduytG

I have a couple MEP-806's that run great. However last fall when I was checking safeties on one of them, I did the over speed trip. Thats when things want wrong. Voltage went to 375 volts and could not be adjusted, After 5 minutes or so of continued running a little light smoke was coming from the generator end. I shut it off right away. It turned cold so I forgot about doing anymore work on it till now. I located a new regulator at what thought was a good price ($200). I have since read in another thread about doing the fuse mod which I will do. I'm really hesitant to put in the new regulator till I know more about whats really going on. Any suggestions on where to start? The TM really does not say how to diagnose the regulator.

Thanks
Greg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks