• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water in Fuel Light and electrical issues

1009CUCV413

Recently I have been having weird electrical gremlins. I had both alternators rebuilt, replaced the two alternator wires that goto the junction box and replaced all the old connections to the alternators. What is happening now is my GEN1 light will come on at the same time my volt meter surges into the red zone. It comes in waves and when the lights are on they get brighter with the voltage increase. The light doesn't stay on, it just surges. Somedays I don't get this problem at all, and then it will randomly appear again.

Also the water in fuel light stays on but goes on and off with the voltage increase and decrease. I am also getting a strange ticking noise that I am having trouble finding a pattern. What I know so far is the rattling/ticking comes sometimes under acceleration but it is more noticeable when I'm off the throttle. It's a strange noise and is not consistent, although it has become more frequent recently. I haven't noticed and loss of power of hesitation in acceleration.

I'm not sure if any of these are related. I'm new to this truck and diesel motors. The electrical system is kind of intimidating to deal with.

mistaken1

What do you call the guy who graduates from medical school 300 out of 300 in his class?

Doctor.

Might have the alternators checked by a different shop....

That and double check all of your grounds....

Crash_AF

Sounds like the voltage regulator in the driver's side alternator is faulty and is breaking down, causing an intermittent high voltage condition. I'd definitely have it checked out again to figure it out before it fails completely and burns something out.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks