• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WAY high air pressure, brakes very stiff

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday while going home from towing the M37, I noticed the brakes got REAL stiff, talking about maybe 1/2 inch of play. Plenty of stopping power, so nothing wrong there, but I did notice the air pressure was pegging the needle on the right side of the air pressure gauge. Easily 120 psi. One time there was a sudden discharge of air pressure, a big WHOOSH as a pile of air pressure escaped at once, somewhere in the system. This all occurred over a few minutes time. After that, everything seemed to work as normal.

At the home base, looked everything on the compressor over, and the airpack. Nothing seemed out of place, except for the compressor belt being a bit too loose (I have to fix that prior to Haspin).

Any advise?

Josh

The big woosh ya heard was probably the safety valve on the tank itself opening up. I had this happen once before too, and it just went away. The air govener probably got stuck and when ya hit a bump it unstuck it self. If it happens again, It would probably be a goood idea to replace the air govener.

Heavysteven

Any chance of you going into detail about repairing the loose air compressor belt? I would love to hear more on that. Mine has a little more play than I would like.

Josh

You undo the 2 bolts on the air compresser pully and then turn the out side half of the pully to tighten the belt, Its really simple, Ya need a 14mm? socket and a large pair of channel locks or pipe wrench.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting the compressor belt tight enough can be a pain. Spray it with some soapy water and it will be easier to tighten the pulley.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks