• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wd4o on m1009 paint

dittto1

When I got my m1009 from GL about a month ago I sprayed the wheel lugs and all the locks with wd40 to free them up, my problem is that some of the spray got on the paint around the locks and on the wheels and I cannot get it off by washing with soap and water. Does any one have any suggestions on how to get it off of the paint. Thanks in advance. dittto1

panzerwillie

put it in the sun it should evaporate in a few days, i wash my M1009 with WD40 once a month or so to keep the paint from looking old and it shines for a week then looks like i just had a fresh code of paint
bazer1.jpg:D

jw4x4

I have been told that mineral oil or baby oil will make the carc paint look good for a long time. Anyone else have any ideas???

466Navastar

kerosene in the wash water is an "used car dealer" trick from the good ol days - to make old paint look better.....just a little ... maybe
a cup to 5 gals of soapy water made old paint look new for a time.....the good stuff for kero lamps - that doesnt stink is best