• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is a good price for a Bobbed Deuce?

PREDATOR

Kind of a newbie and was wondering what is a fair price to pay for a Bobbed Duece?

What are some key items to look out for? (Tires, Engine, Year's)

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Snarky

On deuces years don't particulary matter, they are all basically the same. You can have a 1960's deuce that is in better condition than one from the late 70's / 80 just depends on how the government took care of it. You usually want a deuce with a multifuel + turbo so it doesn't belch black smoke ...as much, if you want one that is uncomfortably loud you'll want a 'C' turbo charger. An M35A2 bobbed is usually your best best, I haven't seen anyone cut up an M35A3 yet but that would probably be the most wicked bobbed deuce, even if it does look a little funny.

Most people like the good year or michelin super singles rather than the usual NDTs and there are certain deuces with special over drive gears / transmissions that allow them to go slightly faster at top speed.

The most important thing to look at on a deuce is the condition of the braking system. Even bobbed trucks are hard to stop and although theres less change of failure with 4 wheel cylinders instead of 6, you can still take out a family in a minivan if you aren't careful. I would learn as much as possible about this system and the air system before purchasing.

Bobbed deuces very greatly in price. You can probably just get a good deuce, get someone to do all the work for you bobbing it, and still come under 5000$, but there are plenty of trucks out there people will sell you for 7000-14000$ some are worth it, most aren't, people like to make money, and it is the american way- buyer beware.

Last edited:

fulleraviation

I just bought one for 14K, and it does not live up to the standard that I tought it would be. Caveman trucks seems to do a great job for a bobbed truck, another guy bought a full Duce in Tulsa somewhere I think for about $8,500 with new items listed below with a warranty down to the windshield wipers.

If you want to do alot of the work yourself then great. I am about to become a Duce expert, because of the condition of my purchase.

If you want something more turn key, I would recommend requiring at least new brake shoes, parking brake shoes, brake hoses, axle seals, rebuilt brake cylinders, 90% or better tires, Complete fluids and filters change including coolant.

Here is a link to the AD for the truck I bought. Sounds great huh? Well ends up that it is fresh from the auction with a chop and paint job. No fluids changed, wore out brakes, leaking axle seals, cracked hoses, old fogged morrors, pieces of transfer case parts falling out when I changed the oil, Rt windshield wiper not working, many air leaks, missing lugnuts, INOP parking brake, fuel and engine leaks, INOP Rt headlight: 197 M35a2 Deuce and a Half Hummer Crusher Monster Mud :eBay Motors (item 150355110296 end time Jul-03-09 08:19:33 PDT)

Be careful and make sure you are getting what you think you are. I believe the seller is going to work with me some on these issues, but I now have a truck that I cannot use for the most part untill I do major repairs that I didn't want to do in the first place.

***I am told that the members on here are more than willing to inspect potential vehicles for you especially if you cant. I ended up buying mine site unseen---and take some of the responsibility for getting a bad deal.

Good Luck.

FYI: I do love my new truck

Rutledge

PREDATOR

Thank you very much for the information. I've been doing a lot of reading and I think I will be looking for a bobbed 5 ton instead. All of them look great, I'll just have to do a TON of research before finally bitting the bullet!