• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What parts cant you get for an A3?

alfred10

I want an A3 and found a deal on one. How much is it to replace the head lights and unhook the leaky tire inflation system?

What parts cant I get for an A3? Can I get all the engin and tranny parts from catapiller and allison?

I was worried I couldnt get any parts for it when it breaks.

AceHigh

Headlights are $30 or so each. Several have unhooked the CTIS, it can be as easy as unplugging the wire harness or going the whole 9 years and removing all components.

The only part I have found difficult to get is a tach sender. Everything else seems to be out there. Erik is the best source for parts:

Military Truck Parts M35A2 M35A3 M37 M813 M151 M923 M54

As you probably know most parts are M35A2. All filters are off the shelf, air dryer is a commercial model and everywhere. I don't know of any "unobtainable" parts.

Sell any extra CTIS parts on Ebay.

lonegunman

I had mine serviced by Cat after I bought it. They did the overhead with no problems and got the tranny parts from the Allison guys down the street. The non-cat filters were available from one of the jobbers. The CTIS is almost universally recognized as junk, once it breaks and it will break just stop powering it up and it stops effecting things. The garbage on the wheels tends to allow them to leak down, I have two that leak down every two weeks and need topped off.

I do not have a working trans temp guage but who cares. I switched to ATF, used my temp probe to monitor it for a few hours of driving and found even in the mountains it never broke 190 degrees.

Everything I have needed so far has been available from Erik's military surplus. Body parts for the most part are the same as any A2.

I have heard a story about inside wheel bearings being spendy.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A3 parts, Alfred10 once other thing am I am not positive about this but Memphis Equipment has a conversion kit to replace the spindles on the A3 so that they will accept all the A2 components primarily bearings and seals I dont know what this means as to availability of A3 bearings and seals but its just something that you might want to be aware of Good luck and the A3 is a very neat truck!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks