• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find parking brake parts.

madsam

I adjusted my parking brake last weekend, and I can see that the b rake shoes, or whatever they are called are almost warn out which makes them not work as well. I might not need them now, but some day soon. Is there a place to get new parking brake parts?

madsam

DaveP - Where do you have them relined?

Blood_of_Tyrants - It looks like this brake was used to stop it at one time, or just forgotten to and left on for a while. They look baked. I have tightened it all the way and it holds on a flat. On an incline, it won't hold the 36k lbs. The outer shoe is contacting, but the inner one is not and I can't adjust it more.

wdbtchr

My 5 ton Dump is the same way, it was like that when I got it. I think it was driven with the brake on myself since the pads are worn so bad. If it ever stops raining here I want to get into repairing it, either try to get it relined or buy new shoes.