• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will 89' blazer tailgate fit 85' m1009?

chaparral2j

Just wondering if I can swap them out, the old one is gutted and leaky it won't even open, doesn't have a handle or anything. Wasn't sure if the new 89' one was different or not, thanks.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sheet metal on the Burbs are taller,and shaped different. I thought the same thing till I looked at them side by side. popacom / BILL in Ky.:D

rnd-motorsports

correct the tailgate on a full size blazer is the same from 1973 thru 1991 trim will be dif but gates are the same as popacom stated the suburban gates will not fit the tops are dif being the suburbans are hard tops.

niferous

I think what Ranchhopper was trying to say was that wether it be a Blazer OR a Sububan the sheet metal on a Blazer from 1981 is the same as the sheet metal on a 1991 Blazer. Likewise the sheet metal on a Suburban from '81 is the same as a '91.

I have a 1986 3/4 ton Suburban with the rear tailgate and I really wish they did use the same tailgates as the Blazers. Not many Suburbans had the rear tailgates but instead had the barn doors. I like the tailgate better since I can haul lumber or long material in the back of my Suburban just by dropping the tailgate. However since it is a bit rare it's harder to get parts for should it break.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i hope to one day lose the gate on my burb and go panel doors. I've now had both and I hate the end gate but you're right, its the only way to haul long material.

BIG_RED

Not to thread-jack, but has anyone else noticed that the M1009 appears to have the bolt holes for the normal truck tailgate? a thinner tailgate without a rolling window? Because I think I'm going to be custom fabbing a new top for my M1009 out of a normal truck cap with a flip up window like most truck caps have, and I was wondering if I could swap tailgates too since mine is rusty inside and the window slot leaks water into the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks