• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Your MV @ MCAS Miramar - 2010 Air Show -Oct. 1st 2nd and 3rd.

TheRecorder

Your MV @ MCAS Miramar, San Diego - 2010 Air Show - Oct. 1st 2nd and 3rd.

ATTENTION :!:

This is an announcement to invite people who own and operate a military vehicle, to attend the 2010 Miramar Air Show with their military vehicle, as a static display during the shows October 1st, 2nd and 3rd event near San Diego CA.
I am working with the MCAS Air Show static display coordinator on details concerning what will be needed for having a safe and most of all, a fantastic time at the Air Show.
So far we have two M35A2s and would like to get more and/or other types of Military vehicles.
A basic guideline for a MV is to be as original and or authentic militarily, appearance, paint and accessories etc. Another good feature would be to have an information board to display next to your vehicle for the public to discover your vehicles history and statistics.
Bottom line is to have a real fun time and meet thousands of people. The Air Show Coordinator informed me that around 800,000 people attended the 2009 show over the three days.
A convoy prior to opening day of the Air Show for entry onto MCAS Miramar could be arranged and would make it easier for everyone traveling the distance. You may trailer a vehicle in as well, which ever is more convenient for you.
Imagine the FUN!

More details to follow.
PM me with any questions or post them for others to view.

This footage was Recorded at the MCAS Air Show....
YouTube - If Only I Could Fly.....

Attachments

Last edited:

JDToumanian

Hi Group,

The 2010 Planes of Fame Airshow in Chino was awesome, we had such a great time from convoying there and back, to talking to 1000s of fans about MVs and our hobby. To display at the Miramar airshow is going to be incredible. If Jim and I are the only ones again, so be it, but you guys really should plan to go!

Jon
:beer:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having been stationed there (except for deployments and training) my entire Navy career I would be happy to display if I were close enough.

I went back to the base in Feb of 2001 and talked the guards into letting me onto the base to look around my old stomping grounds. Almost everything was gone except the hangars. When I was there I lived in the WWII barracks you see in the volley ball scene in Top Gun. Gone now.

Good luck and good showing.

sw

TheRecorder

Having been stationed there (except for deployments and training) my entire Navy career I would be happy to display if I were close enough.

I went back to the base in Feb of 2001 and talked the guards into letting me onto the base to look around my old stomping grounds. Almost everything was gone except the hangars. When I was there I lived in the WWII barracks you see in the volley ball scene in Top Gun. Gone now.

Good luck and good showing.

sw
I understand completely. You can expect to see video posted of the event in a way to extend the excitement for those who are not able to make it. Just one way to make sure everyone gets a little piece of the fun.