• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

09 spare tire carrier

cameron8757

april 2 960.jpgapril 2 961.jpgapril 2 962.jpg
I decided to build a spare tire carier and bumper. Still have a few things to finish like adding a reciever tube in the bumper, adding some reinforcing plates and making a latch.

zackadams10

Nice, How did you plan on doing the latch? I plan on building a tire carrier in the same fashion and the idea I had was to cut a hole in the bumper and a hole in the carrier and just using a bolt with a hairpin to keep it in place... might give you some ideas on your build...

cameron8757

001.jpg003.jpghad a few min to work on it tonight here is what I came up with for a latch. I also have a secondary latch and stop to keep it from swinging around and hitting the side of the truck.

cameron8757

014.jpgWell an hour here and their I finally got the bumper finished, painted and installed. I just need to figure out what I am doing with the license plate and paint the carrier and it will be done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks