• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 vin question

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
That gives me a location to look for the vin serial #. I had the front clip off one before and never saw it. Always wondered where it was at. Since that's a heck of a lot more inconvenient than where it's at on a deuce or 5 ton, and the fact the dash mounted one on the CUCV is much easier to see, I would say the dash one is the one I would stick with. As far as the 5 places then: frame (where you stated), dash, door jam, glove compartment (or earlier models on the inside fender wheel well), drivers door (which doors are easily and often swapped. I think that is correct. anyone have a correction?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't understand how a number on a metal tag that is stamped from the factory can wear off and not be seen. It's been one of those mornings. :shock:

Can you post a picture of the VIN?

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
I don't understand how a number on a metal tag that is stamped from the factory can wear off and not be seen. It's been one of those mornings. :shock:

Can you post a picture of the VIN?
Its pouring down just now but I will try to get a photo tomorrow. It doesnt look wore down, it just looks like it was never stamped.