• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1028 gets new paint today

ranchhopper

I had some spare time today so I gave my 1028 a new coat of CARC it had a couple spots that needed attention (rust issues) so I cut them out and welded in new metal after work last week so today was devoted to paint. I picked up the truck for a winter driver, firewood hauler it was listed as a 1008 so I got a great deal on it considering it is a shelter carrier instead of a 1008. I got rid of the death wobble by putting in new king pin springs and bushings got the engine running like a top it wouldnt even idle when I bought it. It runs down the road like a scalded cat now and shifts perfect Im pretty happy with it I ordered new tail light and side marker lenses for it and all new door gaskets and weatherstripping next item will be a new block heater.

Attachments

bshupe

Looks great, that is to say it looks just like my truck :p

On the real though..... Is the pattern on the bumpers by original spec or did you decide to do that yourself? It seems like the bumpers are always the base green color.

No flames please, I know Im ignorant which is why Im asking the question. :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks