• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1028A3 motor change

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Finally got around to changing out the motor (blown head gasket when I got it) with a HMMWV 6.2 take out motor. The oil pan does fit the CUCV, thanks Kenny!, Swapped out all the quick disconnect sensors with the CUCV stuff, hope to fire her up tomorrow.

Ed

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
The rest of the bottles are in the trash can!

Anyone know if the HMMWV oil pan holds the same amount of oil as a stock 6.2 pan?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well, the HMMWV motor is officially a DUD!, I need a good 6.2 now. . .

I got laid off from my job at White Sands Missile Range, and need to find a good motor for this truck before I put her up for sale. I'm starting a job at Nellis AFB later this month, but would like to offload this A3 in a running condition before I head north. I may be heading out to Charleston SC, via Columbus Ga. next week, if anyone has a GOOD, low mileage 6.2, I'd be interested!

Ed

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
bad miss, loud metallic banging sound. . .:p

Motor turned over by hand fine, but when I put a starter on it, it spun over WAY to easy. . .

ralbelt

I don't understand why you don't fix the original. My 6.2 had a blown head gasket and a cracked head on the same side, replaced that and had the other side checked and machined, replaced a few bad valves on that side all new gaskets a hmmv intake from Gimpyrob and runs great.

Seems like you will be gambling on another engine if you can't hear it run.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Does anyone know where you can get a running low mile 6.2 for a 85 m1028A3 in the Las Cruces NM, Las Vegas NV area?:jumpin:

tvguy

Well, the HMMWV motor is officially a DUD!, I need a good 6.2 now. . .

I got laid off from my job at White Sands Missile Range, and need to find a good motor for this truck before I put her up for sale. I'm starting a job at Nellis AFB later this month, but would like to offload this A3 in a running condition before I head north. I may be heading out to Charleston SC, via Columbus Ga. next week, if anyone has a GOOD, low mileage 6.2, I'd be interested!

Ed
Are you still heading to Columbus, GA? I've got one I might be willing to let go and I know of another one locally (Atlanta) as well.