• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1097r1 blower motor won't turn on

Spartans_300

Hello everyone,
I recently bought a 1097r1 and I am working through making it functional. Thing runs and drives like a dream and if the odometer is to be believed engine only has 2k on it. I recently went and bought a new blower motor thinking that the old one was shot as I have had decent luck with most electrical things in the truck being just a matter of the part being bad. New motor doesn't seem to turn on either. So I am trying to determine if my issue is a ground problem or if the switch or something else is just bad in the circuit. Kinda looking for tips on what could be the issue.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A volt/ohm meter, basic electrical trouble shooting and the schematic will get you the results you are looking for.
Sorry I can't help you with the volt meter:D

Attachments

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it were me I would pop the inst. panel and look for 24V at the back of the fan switch.
Is the alt charging? there is a relay in the PCB box that sends 24V to CB1 as you can see by the schematic that feeds the fan switch, but it also powers the IGN. terminal on the alt, if it that relay was bad the alt. would not charge.
As far as ground you can turn the fan on and look between the fan motor body and a good ground (the shunt mounted to the inside wall of the battery box is an excellent spot)
IF you see 24V then the motor ground is the problem.
All above is with the run switch in run position.

Since nobody downloads and reads the operators manual I think I should warn you that EVERY time you turn the run switch to OFF you MUST wait at least 90 seconds before switching back to run or you can fry the glow plugs and or the PCB box.

Thunderbirds

Hello everyone,
I recently bought a 1097r1 and I am working through making it functional. Thing runs and drives like a dream and if the odometer is to be believed engine only has 2k on it. I recently went and bought a new blower motor thinking that the old one was shot as I have had decent luck with most electrical things in the truck being just a matter of the part being bad. New motor doesn't seem to turn on either. So I am trying to determine if my issue is a ground problem or if the switch or something else is just bad in the circuit. Kinda looking for tips on what could be the issue.
Are the wipers working? Keep in mind, for mobility purposes the windshield folds down and forward to lower the overall height. There are pins on either side if the assembly that hold it in place. With that said, the electrical connection from the truck to the windshield are three metal connectors on the truck side and on the windshield side, they are not hardwired. If you have corrosion on these, you will not get voltage up to the assembly.

You may need to fold the windshield, carefully, follow the TM. And make sure these connectors are clean.

Just a thought.