• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1957 Gasser needing wiring harness

performanceauto89

Recently I purchased a 1957 Utica Bend M-35 w/w (but winch is missing) with the Continental COA331 gas engine. It took me a pair of new batteries and some gas and she took off running. But I have to tear into the brakes bad wheel cylinders. (Big trucks have to stop!!) I have spent almost every night researching this truck. I'm in need of a complete wiring harness or at least an under hood harness. Where do you get one? Does anyone want to part with one? Also where can a guy get the sheilded type ignition wires? I would like to keep it the "original" military style wiring. It was built that way for a good reason right? I got plans for this truck but have to care of the basics. Getting her stopped and keep the flow in the wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Antelope valley equipment has the front harnesses. Make sure you know if you have the metal connectors (douglas type) or the rubber ones (packard type). They should be metal. Sarafan in Florida also has the wires if Antelope doesn't. If I remember correctly they are just under $150 for wires. You can also find harnesses on ebay alot, just make sure they are for the gasser and have the right connectors.;-)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's also a harness on ebay right now look under Reo. It's in Hesperia CA.

performanceauto89

A thank you

Thanks for the info guys. I actually nailed a set of plug wires on E-bay the other night 60 bucks for NOS. I figured I couldn't go wrong with that.
Thanks again.