• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1965 Deuce and a half m35 oil leaking from bottom of oil cooler?

Steveo1234

He guys just picked up my first deuce today. The first issue id like to address is.... 1965 Deuce and a half m35 oil leaking from bottom of oil cooler? at this point it seems to be coming from the two plugs on the bottom of the oil cooler. I also see another leak between the air compressor and block i assume i can just unbolt compressor and replace gasket. Any suggestions for the oil cooler seems to be a pretty good drip. Or has anyone had these issues??

Thanks Steve

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I learned that I need to be very careful in diagnosing leaks on my multifuel. Clean the block, remove old trails of oil and start with a clean engine. Oftentimes the oil just pools and drips from a convenient low point but comes from somewhere else.

Compressor: yes, a simple 4 bolt mount with gasket. Mind the small oil hole for compressor lubrication (do not use RTV there).

texas30cal

Definitely clean first and find the source, if it is the oil cooler or between the filter base and block these are gaskets that are easily cut out of gasket material , get some cheap hollow gasket punches.

Steveo1234

Thanks Guys Had a better look at the leak from the oil cooler today definitely coming from the big plug i snugged it up it was quite loose. That seems to be ok now.
Still looking at the compressor area leak.

texas30cal

Front seal on my compressor was leaking, it ran everywhere making it appear to be the base gasket or mounting bracket gasket. Got a seal kit from Napa, replaced gaskets and seal, now it just leaks less

texas30cal

I found the part number here somewhere, they had to order it in. It was a midland kit for the twin cylinder compressor. I saved the number out in the shop, I'm going to see if I can get a double or triple lip crank seal bc it came with a single lip with metal outer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks