• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1970 m35a2c

scooter01922

What you described is pretty much the only way to really clean the tank. At least you know your issue now :) Drain it out and see what ya get, might not be too bad. Could just be a bunch of settled heavy scuzz on the bottom with mostly clean fuel on top. Drain, filter, refill with filtered fuel and redrain should get most of the crap. Just make sure you keep a couple primarys in the toolbox along with the wrench to change it and you should be fine.

Numbers

Not a problem, just trying to see for myself also about the governor and in the process found out I did not have that TM. Thank goodness its just a filter issue because the other did not look like fun at all.

Crackerjax

thanks everyone for the help im sure ill need more of it soon.... do you think i neeed to remove the sender and all the goodies or should i just drain and spray into the filler neck till she comes out clean and let her dry out good in the sun? any good fuel additive to prevent gelling and water takeup?

scooter01922

The flapper is a personal preference thing. You can just paint an old baked bean can black and use that as a cover. The fuel tank has a couple baffles in there so you won't get much from just the filler. No need to remove the sender, just the in tank pump will do, and its a 15 min job, 30 at the most. More info on this site than one person could ever need so chances are if you are wondering its been covered before. Welcome to the forum.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pull the sending unit out and clean it first. Seen alot of crud buildup on those things. I never liked the look of the flappers, but now that I have a truck with one on it, I will be putting them on all my trucks. It is a nice feature IMHO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks