• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1976 M54 New Paint

Chief1900

Well we finally painted our 5 ton. After wheel seal and winch installation we ran out of time to do body work and decided to take care of surface rust and fix the bad spots later. The truck has to leave for the shop next week for tank and pump installation. New wheels and tires should be here when it comes back. Here is a few pics of its new olive drab paint.

Attachments

Chief1900

No.2 its olive drab from Milspray. Nice one part paint. Straight out of the can and into the gun. No mixing or cutting. Its the same as CARC paint without the part 2 of CARC.

Chief1900

AMGeneral it is a Mack 673. Thanks for the comments. Its been going a little slower than we thought but its going. New wheels and tire should be here next week. I'll post an update when we get it all together.

Chief1900

Update on M54

New singles came in today with a refurbed HEMTT on the trailer. Tried to get the driver to let me take it out for a spin since he can't unload til Tuesday. Said he would leave it with me if I give him a check for 240K. It would not due for me to be a millionaire, I'd be posting pics of this as my new MV.

Attachments