• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985 m1009 alt options

wiccantoy

Pretty much the only thing I can come up with. The basic items u use after it warmed up is maxing the alternator out and when I use the light bar that is where it is going above the alts ability. Really don't know why these little things would cause all this. Which is kinda scary when I have the plow on it how its gonna react. It used to do it but id turn off the lights to keep the alt a little lower.

ODdave

The light bar isn't the only problem. I can unhook everything for it and still have issues with draw
auaauaaua

Yup, Just put a bigger alt on it, You wont need a light bar. Just a fire hose to douse the flames coming from your truck. If your drawing 135 amps YOU HAVE A PROBLEM !!!

If you dont know how to locate and fix a draw of that magnitude , Find somone more qualified.

Im not trying to be an azz but this belongs in DH's new thread.....

Barrman

I agree. Wiccantoy, please spell actual words and take the advice given above. You have a huge draw on your electrical system and need to figure out what it is. The electrical troubleshooting section of the -20 manual walks you through how to do that if you don't want to follow the advice in the post above.

wiccantoy

I agree. Wiccantoy, please spell actual words and take the advice given above. You have a huge draw on your electrical system and need to figure out what it is. The electrical troubleshooting section of the -20 manual walks you through how to do that if you don't want to follow the advice in the post above.
Yes I understand. But this is why I ask the questions. If I am not sure I question things to be on the same page. Why is everything a battle on here?

wiccantoy

I went to the guys shop that tested both alternators. Stated they were good under a load.picked up the starter he rebuilt for my men_701a. He said he had this problem before with the military. He stated we could get a different and stronger alternator. Than tested the feed wires from the battery to the junction block. And the grounds. And the other wires on the alternator..I asked him. Don't I have to have the 2 alternators matched? He said no. I told him after I go through some reading of the tm sheets and ask some people on here we could talk further.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks