• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4inch lift brake line help...

PAm1009

In the middle of doing my 4inch rough country lift and need help with the brake line brackets .. Did you have to buy new Brake lines? There's no slack on the steel lines inside the frame. Did you even use those brackets they don't look like there adding that much extra room.. Thank you much
kyle

Awol

When I had the 4" on my 85 K10, the rubber lines running to both front wheels and the rubber line that connected the rear axle to the system needed to be replaced. I used extended braided line for the front wheels, and made a bracket to lower the factory rear line closer to the axle housing.

I would recommend changing the rear axle line. When I made the bracket to get it closer, it still would want to stretch it when the axle would flex.

Yes, if you keep the stock brake hoses you will end up yanking them out. ORD has a nice set of longer front and rear brake hoses for this application. No need to move brackets.

Whitfield

I've been shopping these for 2-3 weeks and will be ordering the ones listed above tomorrow. Looks like the price and quality is unmatched. Will also be ordering the value priced shocks from them as well. Other then lack of corrosion protection on the chrome shock shaft and painted housing they are a good deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks