• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4l80 internal harness

erasedhammer

So turns out my internal harness for my 4l80 is flooded and needs to be replaced .

Hummerpartsguy has one but is charging 200 for it, practically highway robbery.
Amazon and other retailers have a similar looking harness that says it's for a 4l80e transmission and only for $50!!!

Can anyone confirm that the harnesses sold on Amazon and other sites fit the Humvee?

Wire Fox

So turns out my internal harness for my 4l80 is flooded and needs to be replaced .

Hummerpartsguy has one but is charging 200 for it, practically highway robbery.
Amazon and other retailers have a similar looking harness that says it's for a 4l80e transmission and only for $50!!!

Can anyone confirm that the harnesses sold on Amazon and other sites fit the Humvee?
I can't speak for quality, but those Rostra harnesses should fit just fine. They're made for ALL 4L80E transmissions beyond a certain early model year. If you have the coolant lines that are spacer farther apart, you can guarantee that it will work out fine.

Wire Fox

That amazon link shows the big connector and 6 smaller connectors?
I'm not 100% sure it's correct, but you're looking at the exact same harness on Amazon that I decided I'd be buying if my trans turned out to need one. So, I supposed you can say I'm confident enough that I'd have chosen to spend my money on it. Perhaps that's 99%?

erasedhammer

I'm not 100% sure it's correct, but you're looking at the exact same harness on Amazon that I decided I'd be buying if my trans turned out to need one. So, I supposed you can say I'm confident enough that I'd have chosen to spend my money on it. Perhaps that's 99%?
Sounds good enough for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks