• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton dump bed on deuce

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it looks like it's time for my third dump project. I've got a deuce without a bed and I've found a complete dump setup off of a 5-ton truck. This has got me to thinking, would a dump bed off of a 5-ton fit on a deuce? I haven't personally seen the 5-ton bed. How long is a 5-ton dump bed? I'm also a little concerned about the weight of the bed on a deuce?

What does everybody think?

Last edited:

dpsmith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A man down the street has one set up like that. Ugly as sin... but he has hauled alot with it. He used a old Air Force deuce and claims to have hauled up to 10 tons with it off road.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What makes it look so ugly? Does the bed look too big for the truck? I really don't want a "ulgy as sin" truck. ;)

KsM715

Looks just like the deuce dumper but the pto set up is on the other side. Theres a guy in a near by town that has that very set up. He mounted a small gas engine behind the drivers side of the cab where the 5ton tool box sits. Works well other than you have to get out of the cab to operate it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, I'd already thought of that but it shouldn't be too hard to move the pump setup over to the other side for the deuce.

dpsmith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well... it's ugly as sin only because he used some good ole Alabama engineering, (blow torch and a hammer) to make it work. I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow along with the water buffalo he has turned into a fuel trailer.:-(

waayfast

There is Gasser Deuce with a dump bed sitting a ways off the highway couple towns away.Could not get my brain to wrap around what I was seeing till I got a chance to corner the owner and see the truck up close,last fall.
Yep! 5 ton dump box---said it was fully loaded and could barely move ---with the box EMPTY!.Asked him why it hadn't moved in several years(that I had noticed it)---showed me the blown dog bone due to too much weight and he decided it wasn't worth the time and trouble to fix it.(Still sitting).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks