• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton expansible van lighting

captcarc

I am wiring my expansible van to be powered by external 115VAC household current via extension cords. According to the electrical schematic on the door, the 8 ceiling lights are each wired with 3 wires. They appear to be labeled on the schematic as 650, GRD-N and GRN-C. I am not an electrician. Can you tell me which wires from the 115VAC supply I connect to the 3 light wires mentioned and if those are correct? Thank you very much!

captcarc

...correction...I think the light wires are 650, GRD-N and GRD-C. I'm currently (no pun intended) thinking that 650 is hot, GRD-N is the neutral and GRD-C is ground. Any thoughts?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On mine, at the main panel, I connected phase A, B, and C together and tied to my 110 volt hot. I tied the 110 volt neutral to the panel neutral buss. All the lights and plugs function. With all the lights on, it's quite a load.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There are nice led light bulbs available now. Fluorescent style ones that do not need any ballast and run on 120vac single phase. You can use a toner to identify wires from the panel to the light and just reuse what you need to. Always ground everything though very important so use all 3 wires. I am going to redo mine one day. Too much to do not enough time.
Will