• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton tractor differences

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ft, i don't see how a boom can be called a winch, very few people will hook something to the boom and pull

the tractor/wreckers hoist winch has 5/8 cable, needs to be 3 parted to get max. pull (#20000), there is only enough cable on the drum for the hook to hit the ground with the boom stretched out (26') and up all the way, using the hoist as a recovery winch will BREAK things, starting with the cable

grounded

Banned
ft, i don't see how a boom can be called a winch, very few people will hook something to the boom and pull

the tractor/wreckers hoist winch has 5/8 cable, needs to be 3 parted to get max. pull (#20000), there is only enough cable on the drum for the hook to hit the ground with the boom stretched out (26') and up all the way, using the hoist as a recovery winch will BREAK things, starting with the cable

thanks for the cable info ;) now i know what to start looking for on getting new cables for my M819 when i get it home. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks