• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 fuel return lines need to be bled when replaced?

Gunfighter1

The fuel return lines in my 86 m1009 cracked and started leaking. I got the new replacement hose from ebay that supposedly dont need hose clampse just press on. My question is am i supposed to bleed the ines out after i replace them the same way i would if i replaced a fuel filter or do i not need to worry about it.

Barrman

Those lines from Badger Diesel are great. They will leak or at least seep if you don't do a square cut and push them all the way on. After about 10 times pulling an end of and putting it back on. Cut off the last 1/2 inch or so and all will be good again.

Gunfighter1

That was alot easier than expected, at least the driver side. Went on easy enough and havent leaked yet. Now my turbo is in the way on the pass side so gota yank that and the manifold off to get to them. Its always something i guess.

Barrman

You might be able to come in between the inner fender and the frame or, from the bottom instead of pulling a bunch of parts.

Gunfighter1

You might be able to come in between the inner fender and the frame or, from the bottom instead of pulling a bunch of parts.
Ill look at that in the morning, it didnt seem like there was any easy way to get to them. The manifold sticks up right over where the lines are and it looks like it have to be stretch armstrong to get in there and get the lines out. didnt think about going at it from below hopefully itll work.