• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 off throttle dead engine

Barrman

I know this topic has been brought up in the past, but I can't find the thread or remember any of the answers.

6.2 that starts, idles and goes down the road great. Anytime the rpm is stabilized above about 1,000 and throttle is closed all the way, it takes the engine several seconds to start making power once the throttle is applied again.

At speed this means letting off the throttle at about 50 mph for at least 2 seconds, with throttle pushed again, nothing happens until the truck slows to around 35-40. Then it runs great again. Unless the throttle is closed.

Now that I have played with it some I can make the darn thing stall at idle even. Stabilize speed above 1100 rpm or so then let go of the throttle. That 1-2 seconds of no power lets the engine wind down enough that it stalls.

Fuel filter is new, fuel lines dry and not showing leaks, IP check valve still has the ball in it and is clean, fuel is in the tank and the cap is installed.

This is a power off problem and doesn't fit the normal diagnostic charts in the manuals or anything else I have come across. Fuel filter is under presssure from the lift pump throttle open or closed, so air getting sucked in isn't possible. If the fuel return lines were clogged, it would effect power on applications instead of power off. Anybody have ideas for things to check besides "replace the IP?" Thanks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it is time to take the spare pump to the rebuilder......:(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks