• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923a2 recovery Richmond to Delta,Pa.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Went to Richmond last night,So I could be there at 8am this morning.Its a 210 mile one way trip,Woke up this morning it was snowing go to the GL building to meet Mike.Check the truck out,filled fluids,hit the starter switch and batteriies were weak.Asked the gl guy about slaving it,he said no he couldnt help.Luckily I brought 2 new batteries with me.Switched the batteries and she came to life.Aired up the front tire and up the road we went.I was really surprised how much more power and speed the 8.3 cummins had,Truck would do 65mph.By the time I got above Richmond ther was 3" of snow and the wipers and defrosters were trying there best.I got 20 miles from home and she started actiung like it was running out of fuel,limped the ret of the way home at 35mph.Probably just the fuel filter.Real happy with the way it out runs the 250 cummins.Now it needs some paint and a hardtop.If you go to Richmond for a truck dont expect them to help you the way they do at Meade or Mechanicsburg.Heres some pics.

Attachments

combat32

Nice truck, I drove a 923 just like that when I was stationed at Ft. Hood.I was the Troop master gunner so I did a lot of liason and range work in that truck.It was the only wheeled vehicle they could give me to do all my range work and other duties, I love the 923, I could outrun a humvee on west range road at Ft. Hood with a Bradley pack and 500 rounds of 25mm ammo in the back:mrgreen:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice truck! Had one just like it. I got mine in a lot worse condition though. Looks like a little cosmetic stuff is all you need to do. I miss my 5-ton.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks