• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

939a0 designation debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to call one of trucks a Duck, but that's more to just dig at Clinto so I can say I have one and he doesn't.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We should stop calling CCKW's CCKW and start calling them DUKWA0's.

I mean, that sounds cooler and that's really the point of all this: People want to say all that alphabet soup because they think it sounds cooler.

Calling your truck an A0 is the army truck equivalent of "tacticool":http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tacticool

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Hummer H2 is a very tacticool SUV.

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long long time.

LMAO

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
... What would be confusing is seeing an XM_ _ _A1/A2...... second and third generations yet designated prototype/experimental.
'splain that one!
I have an XM105E3 1964 Ordnance Stock, Inc. (identical to M105A2). Maybe it's the 3rd iteration of the prototype?

While I've been guilty of using the A0 suffix when discussing the various models , I usually say "dually M931", but in writing I usually just put M931. Probably "the basic model of M931" is the phrase I should use since it is a descriptive phrase rather than a name, .

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may notice the moderators deleting your incorrect posts.

Would any of you describe your A2 "with 8.3?"

Just call it what it is or be prepared to be questioned and corrected.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This has been beat to death .A0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks