• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air compressor belt

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No NEED to remove the rad. It does make it much easier, but just to remove it just to change the belt, thats not necessary... If your gonna redo all the belts and hoses and do a major service, then pull the rad. If just a belt, no need to remove it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Take out the 2 bolts on the front of the pulley and turn the front half of the pulley to squeez the 2 halfs together. That effectivley tightens the belt. Its a pain in the azz, but thats how it goes...

avengeusa

Take out the 2 bolts on the front of the pulley and turn the front half of the pulley to squeez the 2 halfs together. That effectivley tightens the belt. Its a pain in the azz, but thats how it goes...
thats what i thought it looked like, just wanted to be sure i was seing things correctly

Thanks man, I owe ya

jdmcgowen

Here is a link to a video I made. I hear this belt everytime I start the truck or put the truck under load. I'm sure it's the compressor belt. Is it an easy adjustment?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp_6adsEhmU[/media]
After reviewing this post I feel like a total idiot. Everything has been answered. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks