• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternate TV Bracket from HMMWV ?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was scrolling through the HMMWV section of SS and came across these photos which seem to show a TV bracket. Anybody know if this can be retrofitted to a 6.2, and for a 700R4 cable?

6.5 HMMWV engine - 2.jpg6.5 HMMWV engine.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like we have covered it before. Without a lot of retro fitting it will not work.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The civi brackets are selling for $100 and up, however it seems the HMMWV brackets are plentiful and cheap. If the HMMWV brackets could be made to work it would probably help more members to do the 700R4 swap. It looks to me that the only modification required would be the hole where the GM cable snaps into. If that could be made to accept the GM cable, Shazam!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks