• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator not charging?????

ryan77

Well i got a m1009 that has been converted to 12 volt and has ac where the drivers alternator would be. Well its not charging, so i picked up a new alternator at Autozone. Put it in and still no charging, i get power to the one side of the plug always but not on the other side when key on. The gen one or 2 light does not come on i cleaned the contacts and changed the bulbs. The glow plug system is on a manual plug. The water in fuel and glow plug lights also dont come on??? I checked the all the fuses also any ideas???????aua

Barrman

The side of the plug that is not getting voltage is the exciter wire. Trace that wire back all the way to the key.

I would offer more help, but since you have a non stock wiring system. You will have to figure out what wire does what yourself.

ryan77

I thought that exciter wire goes through the gen 2 light? Where does it get power from i know gen one is from the heater fuse??

ryan77

Problem solved!!! 194 bulbs from Autozone were bad 2 packs worth!! Whats the chance of that!!! rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks