• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another brake issue

tankie88

Yesterday i changed both front flexy brake hose and bled them.Now the rear brakes stay on.Before when i switched of the motor something in the air system would release air slowly for a hour.It would make a ticking sound.After changing the pipes on the front this ticking sound had stopped and the air stays built up.Anyone any ideas????

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you bled the brakes, did you bleed the air pack first?
Brakes staying on after application point to an air pack problem. Do the brakes release when you open the air pack bleeder?

tankie88

Prob sorted................on bleeding the brakes the pushrod that goes into the master cylinder popped out of the piston and was sitting crooked.A quick stamp on the brake and someone levering the pushrod on the return into the middle sorted it.Should have noticed it really the same happens when i change pads on the M1009.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks