• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another deuce recovery success

rjag623

Picked up the deuce in Sante Fe two days ago. Bruce was very good to work with, had the deuce running and the M105 being pulled out of the yard as I arrived. My buddy Jim and I took the deuce into Sante Fe for fuel and a good pre-trip inspection. All the fluids were good, oil was good. 'Course went to restart and it was dead. Jump started just fine though. We brought the beast home in about 7 hours Sante Fe to Flagstaff great trip. Traveled about 58 mph most of the way.

Curious though she seemed to run hot over 200F. Any one know what the normal operating temp is supposed to be. I plan on replacing the radiator and thermostat soon.

R-Jag

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Welcome!

They usually run very cool with no load and no wind blockage of the radiator. I would check obvious things first like coolant level, pinched hoses, etc. Maybe some gunk built up and disabled the thermostats operation. Flush the system and radiator. I wouldn't go out and buy a radiator if you don't need to. Big $

Have fun!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the ambient temp when you brought it home? 60. 90, 110????
I'd drain, flush, change the hoses and refill the system...Change the temp sensor and gauge before you bring out the new rad....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lower radiator hose is prone to having lots of spooge built up in it. Check that too!

Opie

Recovry4x4 said:
The lower radiator hose is prone to having lots of spooge built up in it. Check that too!
We can rely on Kenny for a clear, technical description of how to fix the thingamagummy!

:D

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice! How's your butt after driving it for 7 hours :) ? I agree with emmado, do simple things first and always verify the gauge is correct before you go throwing lotsa dollars at things.

rjag623

Thanks for the advice! I will do the simple things first. I noticed a leaky rear axle seal also. The driver's seat appears new, not faded etc. ride wasn't too bad but my buddy Jim drove half the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks