• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna Ball?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found this while working on the inside of the wife's M37. I'm not familiar with the '50s era radio equipment so wasn't sure if this was military or not. Appears to be bakelite material.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that's small for a gear shift knob (1.5" dia). But like I said, I'm not that familiar with that era and it sure wouldn't work on the M37 shifter so figured it was for something else associated with the truck.

Whitey

Looks kinda like a shift knob from a M38, M38A1. The one on my pops M38A1 pulls off soo easy that most of the time he drives it with no knob at all and the knob just rolls around on the floor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks