• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody done a body lift?

gt1009

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Anybody done a body lift?

ultim8gamr-
still no purchase yet, as I have to wait for this guitar to sell before I have the money.
I really have no idea what I have to buy in adition to the lift kit, AJMBLAZER listed half a dozen things.
Are there any all-inclusive kits for less?

AJMBLAZER

Call up ORD and talk to them, they can explain it to you.

You don't necessarily have to do all of that stuff...

...but remember your truck is 20 some years old and some components would be stretched tight with a 4" lift.

Better to do it the right way and have to save longer than to do the cheap way and end up paying more in the long run because stuff broke.

ultim8gamr

GT1009,
regarding parts and prices. i think the tuff country kits are pretty reasonable in price. i only paid $207 for both front springs, but that didn't include any hardware just springs. I have found ORD to be very helpful with parts and such. i am currently in the middle of lifting my M1008 via new 4" Tuff Country HD springs int eh front and an ORD 1 Ton shackle flip in the rear. i have completed the rear end and have installed the front springs. All that is left for me to do is to re-attach the D60 up front and and replace the trashed draglinks. In the rear i have to fab something to adapt my brake proportioning valve to the new height (i dont thinks they are found on the M1009s). I have been keeping track of all expenses (down to nuts, bolts and washers) for the build and should have a thread up on here soon of the whole process with LOTS of pics. Its supposed to rain tomorrow so i may put what i've completed up in a post tomorrow for all that are interested.

IN SHORT: i am currently lifting my M1008 and am keeping track of all costs. I will gladly post what i have spent and the process by which I installed the lift so that if anyone has any questions about what is involved I can help to answer some of them. You can use it to get an idea of what my be involved if/when you lift your M1009.
John

Bummy

Was going to do a 3" body lift to my 1028 but you guys talked me out of it. Looks like I'm going to take advantage of summits return policy. Lol:doh:

albersondh

I bought a 1" body lift from ORD. I want the extra 1" to help minimize fender butchering (37's). I ended up using hockey pucks. The ORD body lift pucks are only like 2" od and don't make full contact with the chassis. The hockey pucks are like 3" od and cover up the entire chassis to body mounting surface. Cheap way to add 1" and minimize the drama associated with a 2-3" body lift. Factor in new poly body mounts, hardware, and time when a body mount bolt strips and you have to cut open the cab..... Maybe not so cheap. Suspension lift is better if you can only do one lift method. Im doing both to keep COG lower.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks