• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody rebuild their injector pump/replace throttle shaft seal?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't find a breakdown of the injector pump in the TM's. I have a leak at the throttle shaft on my injector pump when it's cold but then it stops leaking when it's warmer out, say about 60-70 degrees. Is there an oring that can be replaced with the pump in the HMMWV. The leak is at the throttle shaft on the throttle shaft side. That's where I am losing prime and otherwise the pump works great.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May people have stated the same thing....lol

Some members have report success in just replacing the seal on the throttle shaft. No need to remove the IP. I have never done it myself so no words on knowledge.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to much of a PITA to get it in and out only to find the work you do might not fix it and your right back at it putting In a new pump. Bite the bullet and get the pump rebuilt. I leave some things to the experts...injector pumps is number one on that list. You should have a 4523 or 4524 pump, or even possibly a 4179 pump. Read the standadyne data plate on the left side of the pump...not sure if you have a rebuilder in your area.

tage

Way to much of a PITA to get it in and out only to find the work you do might not fix it and your right back at it putting In a new pump. Bite the bullet and get the pump rebuilt. I leave some things to the experts...
Good advice. Some rebuilders won't touch them after you charlie foxtrot it...
I have successfully resealed a few of different Bosch units. It's really hit or miss with them...