• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone with cargo on Arrow Truck Lines?

kc5mzd

If close enough to home, drive the truck home and send them a letter saying they can come pick it up on their dime if they want it.
I would probably lock it up in my back yard put a lien on it and tell them they can come get it after I get my money from the bounced pay check + $10.00 per day storage fees. But I am kinda crazy like that...

Crash_AF

Any idea where specifically?
---
Nevermind, found it.
For those who didn't:

another board said:
my husband tells me of an older Arrow driver stuck at the fuel island in Tonapa Az after they allowed him to put 400 dollars of fuel into Arrows truck on monday morning and Arrow hasnt paid and the TA truck stop exit 103 isnt allowing him to leave, he has no food or money! When mty husband was there, a few Arrow drivers helped him thru today! Is anyone near there that can help him to get home, fed or whatever need he has? He is in his late 50 early sixties! My husband is not home yet as I said before and asked me to post this Thanks
This was posted yesterday.

Later,
Joe

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would probably lock it up in my back yard put a lien on it and tell them they can come get it after I get my money from the bounced pay check + $10.00 per day storage fees. But I am kinda crazy like that...
That actually doesnt sound too bad, if ya think about it. Might want to check with a lawyer before ya do it though to make sure it would hold water.

zout

I left a rig in Benson Az years ago for that same reason - dang if I would drive for free for another mile. Found me a nice 72 Camero down there ($500) and drove er home and made the wife a present of it. 3 Months later a guy rear ended her and drove the trunk into the back seat.

If any of these drivers you may know of are around this area have them pm me. I may at least have an option for them. I will give them the contact numbers.

Over 3,000 trucking Companies went out of business and or bankrupt last year 2008 alone.

scrapman

I myself also drive the big truck for a living. About 10 days ago I was at a fuel stop in the Tampa, Fla. area and was talking to a driver who had been parked there along with 5 other drivers from the same company for several days waiting on "freight" to get them out of Florida. I at the time, surmised that this was another company getting ready to close the doors. Arrow drivers will get home through the owner/operators and small independent trucking company drivers. The larger big name companies do not care about the "heat in the seat". They prohibit picking up passengers no matter what the reason. If I cross paths with a stranded driver, the right door is open. Let's go home.

Crash_AF

Actually I know that Swift, Schneider and Jim Palmer Trucking (haven't heard about JBH) are waiving the 'no passengers' rule for Arrow drivers.

At last count it is estimated that over 600 drivers are still stranded out there. A couple of reports have come in that a few drivers are walking home, leaving the trucks at a truck stop or they had the trucks repo'd out from under them at a truck stop without warning or notification.

Later,
Joe

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh wait, the economy is better! how could this happen? :roll:

I'm going to go to the closest truck stops and see if there is anyone stuck, put them up for a night or feed them at least, buy a bus ticket at most.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the last few comments are very amazing and incrediably ignorant, a draft that's almost funny. We do make quite a bit, have not had a problem recruiting in decades. A Moderator needs to stop this thread. No wonder why guns and politics aren't allowed here. This is B.S. how this went from people in need to this.:roll:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Being in the trucking industry (well...wrecker business)...I know times are tough...believe me...I know.
I am carrying some folks that I don't need but they have served well and I will keep them until the life boat starts taking water. I hope it doesn't come to that.

I won't point my finger at any one person or any one thing...it's just all part of the times.
Being bitter and making accusations will not solve anything.
I say...help anyone you can...anyway you can and let's try to ride this out.

At any rate...this is not the forum to attack a person, or a political party...

This thread is about some folks in need...if you can't help in some way...don't try to hurt in other ways?:cry:

Attachments

AN/ARC186

If anyone knows of any Arrow drivers stranded out this way, let me know, at the very least I can give them a place to sleep and a hot meal until this gets sorted out.

davidkroberts

well this is the first ive heard of this. I and another list member Snakeeater (and his wife) all used to drive for Arrow. I was a regional flatbed driver, she was a linehaul van driver, and Brian was a Heavy Haul driver. The company "was" halfway decent when we drove for them. There were rumors even then of what was happening to the companies after the grandson took it over but i never expected this. The checks always cleared and the frieght was fairly regular. Im in Afganistan right now or I would definitely be springing for a hotel and bus/plane fare for someone. There are things you just dont do to people and this is one of them. If nothing else two or three hundred for diesel would probably get most of them home. This is just awful.:cry:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
The illegal aliens get treated better than these hardworking, tax payers.. The direction in which we are going is all wrong. i am not getting political but I disagree with the theory about the ballot box solving this. It is above that. Look at how we cannot single out people from countries who hate us, want to kill us, but it is not politically correct to search their turban wearing butt. Look at how our enemies mock us. All politicians only care about being re-elected, and there is no thought given to individuals like the drivers in this thread who were stranded, and the company knew what they were about to weeks prior to pulling the plug. Their lawyers and accountants and owners all knew weeks before this. . They should be jailed.. I am done...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
San Angelo, Texas:

One stranded Arrow driver got better than a "right seat ride home." A local "angel" couple who own a twin-engine executive jet (with full time crew), and were departing for the holidays up north, re-routed their plans to get him home for Christmas. Dropped him off at the nearest suitable airfield 20 miles from home where his wife and kids met them at the airport service center's Pilot's Lounge.
During the flight, calls were made, people's holidays were put on hold, and.... long story short.... He's already got a new driving job and funds to overcome the bounced paycheck problem, and the offer is on the table for a full-paid relocation.
God works in mysterious ways.
This couple (who shall remain nameless) also dispatches thier plane and crew for "angel flight" service for those with medical treatment needs that carry patients all over the country. It is quite a network of Good Samaritans.

May these Angels - on the road and in the air, drive and fly under the protection of God above. Keep them safe in their travels and in the missions they have stepped up to perform. Please, Lord, carry all those adversely affected through these troubled times. Amen.

Attachments