• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle Leaks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
aspann, check this out:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/5935-leaking-axle-seal-repair.html

I can't remember which TM it is, but if you've ever done a wheel bearing or a 3/4-1ton truck with a full floating rearend, it's the same.

You just need to clean everything up, pack the bearings and put the right amount of preload on the bearings. I do them by feel, your mileage may vary.

I believe there is an oooooooold thread here written by member "h1crwchf" that detailed axle bearing preload with a LOT of detail. Try finding it, if you can't, I will look for it.

Don't be scared of it, it's an easy job. Heck, my dog helped me do my last pair.

Last edited:

aspann

Thanks Clintl, the grease we plan to use is G403, GAA, 9150-00-190-0907, Mil G10924c. Would this grease work?
Found h1crwchf and he has some good information. I printed his info and will go by it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks