• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Turbo Rebuilders

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I know there are a couple of people on here who rebuild Deuce turbo's, but is there anyone who can/will rebuild a banks turbo for the 6.2? is it even rebuilable, or is it a throwaway? Some of the threads I've read indicate that Banks does not sell a "kit" to rebuild them, but will gladly sell you a new one. :roll:

I have an 87 civy sub that I bought for the banks system it has installed on it, but it looks like a dealer install, and the truck has some 160k on it. This system is ultimately coming off and going on my 1028A3, but I would like the turbo gone through before I install it.

Thanks,
Ed

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are easy to do. Look around your area for a turbo rebuilder and give them the numbers off of the turbo, They'll be able to find a kit or parts.
If it were mine and not failed at the time of install, i'd run it.

Screamin' Metal

Yes...you can install the kits yourself if your mechanically inclined....just keep things superclean....these puppies spin at 50,000rpm+, they can come apart on you.

If your not experienced a good turbo or diesel repair place will do it for you. Also....you might check into injectorpump or injector rebuilers....they usually deal with turbos, too.

I know for a fact you can get them rebuilt thru GaleBanks and others.....:-D

Reactions: FMJ
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks