• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed side panel storage question M1078A1

TGeorge

My M1078A1 has 5 removable, swing down panels around the bed. It also has two sets of racks under the bed to apparently store these panels. I must be missing something because I can only fit a single panel in each rack. 2/5 panels seems kinda wacky. Suggestions?

serpico760

My M1078A1 has 5 removable, swing down panels around the bed. It also has two sets of racks under the bed to apparently store these panels. I must be missing something because I can only fit a single panel in each rack. 2/5 panels seems kinda wacky. Suggestions?
Yeah I've had a hard time getting a panel in anything but the middle slot. I might try again today and see if I can get a panel in each slot. But I don't think the panel storage was either designed very well or had very good quality control or both. Ideally the center c-channel would be thinner on one side and you would alternate the hinges left and right. Hinged ends above and below the thinner c-channel and a non-hinged end in the thinner c-channel.

serpico760

Yeah I've had a hard time getting a panel in anything but the middle slot. I might try again today and see if I can get a panel in each slot. But I don't think the panel storage was either designed very well or had very good quality control or both. Ideally the center c-channel would be thinner on one side and you would alternate the hinges left and right. Hinged ends above and below the thinner c-channel and a non-hinged end in the thinner c-channel.
IMG_20230503_084919.jpg