• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before / After Pics

sak00

Well, I did this the scientific way. Went to Home Depot one day and they had a sale on paint. I pickup some heavy rusted primer (due to some spots) I figured I had some surface marks and all. Painted with primer. Then Home Depot had Rust-O-Leum camo paint. I picked their darker green, earth brown (whick is a little darker than I prefer, but had no choice) and had to get regular Flat black.

Camo Pattern I found here on SS. Look in the tech manuals and look for camoflauge "Something". There are some great drawings in the book. Then I just looked at the drawings and start painting by hand. I felt the overspray (not that I had much) would be more authenic. And then made my own stencils for the tire pressures , gas tank, and made my own stars.

yorkgulch2

The truck looks great. I believe the cargo cover is a late upgrade. My truck came with the same 1 piece top. The end flaps were attached. The little windows are nice. I like the colored wheels also.

Bigmillman

I like the paint job! I am in need of doing mine. I need to attack my rust and dent monsters first. Hey, I noticed you have not updated your intake mushroom to a vertical position yet. I found it on this website in the pm articles and used 1-4inch exhaust 90 and a 45 to do the job. Converting keeps the rain out of your intake filter housing. ( I found 2" of water in mine! )
Ya, please post the rustolium colors you used. Looks great. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks