• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before I bid on an M1028 in southern caly, a few questions. (Barstow)

Loco_Hosa

Ok, I am sitting here hunting for a CUCV in the western half of the country. This M1028 pops up, with a very very scarce (sp?) description. No pics, all I know is that is missing a tail gate. I dont mind not having a tail gate, I will just put a net across the back.

My concern is WHY would it be missing the tail gate. It doesnt say if it runs, nothing. Would this indicate that it was not running, so they started pulling parts off? Or just the tail gate was in the way somehow....

If someone has any insight for me, or maybe someone is close enough to Barstow that they would be willing to just take a look, tell me if anything is missing. It would be great to know how close it is to running, but just to know that the rest of the truck hasnt been picked apart would be great.

Insight, suggestions, or help would be great. If it really is just missing a tailgate and someone was too lazy to take pics, then cool. I figure it will have less bids with no pics.

Cucvnut

They just might not have the Picture's up yet. mine said it did not run when i got it and it ran just needed a new battery. as for the tailgate missing it could have been used as a cargo carrier and had a bed cover with doors. im sure some one could help you i would go if i lived closer to Barstow.

ABN173

Preview or get somebody that can for you. I saw the one your talking about also, in fact it probably had a shelter on it as it is listed as a shelter carrier, the tailgate was probably removed for that very reason. When I first came in the army we had S-250 commo shelters mounted on these, tailgates were removed as the shelter would protrude a bit also the tail gate is just in the way at that point as the shelters had their own doors.

Good Luck,
Dale

Last edited:

Loco_Hosa

They just might not have the Picture's up yet. mine said it did not run when i got it and it ran just needed a new battery. as for the tailgate missing it could have been used as a cargo carrier and had a bed cover with doors. im sure some one could help you i would go if i lived closer to Barstow.
So its possible that pics will be added? I am new to this, trying to get my first CUCV.

The shelter makes seance, I figured their would be a reasonable explanation like that. I looked around the forum to see if their was some board or something where asking for help like this would be more acceptable.

If anyone wants something inspected on FT Lewis, I would be happy to help in exchange :p

Cucvnut

Hey they have pics of it up but i wont post theme here in fear of it being taken down. but it needs battery's ( does not have any ) the seats in good shape and it has forklift damage on the drivers side i would expect a new drive shaft is needed also. i would try to find a key for it also.

airmech

There's one on e-bay listed now in Royal City, WA that's only up to 900. It's from a fire dept. so it's unfortunately yellow. look up chevy d30 as the search. It may be a bit closer for you.

Loco_Hosa

Well, I have been without internet the last few days, but I appreciate the heads up! I think I will pass on the Barstow truck for now, and keep looking. I really am hunting for a nice body that doesnt need painted. Painting scares me, but fixing mechanical aspects is fun, so camo is a must.

The tan truck is sexy as hell! It would be a little while before I could scrape up $2500, but I wish man. It looks just plain epic.....

Cucvnut

its a 1028 Its a Steal for 2500, Hundy has cool trucks at his shop.... i think i am going to use that picture and paint my M1008 to match it lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks