• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr painting questions

Sniperinhisname

Howdy yall, I'm about to paint my new to me m1008 with behr marquee paint code 24087 and I had a few questions. The truck was previously a police truck used to pull floats in parades. The cab is white and the bed is black. Will I need to throw a black primer coat or two on it to make it all uniform or do you think the behr will cover it good enough to not be 2 different shades of green? They did a half ass job in a few places and the paint is peeling so I'll have to pressure wash it off and sand it down smooth. Most of the paint is sticking good though so I will probably just sand it with a dual action sander, what grit do you recommend to get it nice and roughed up but not too roigh for thr semi gloss. thank you for your help, been a long time member and recently bought my first MV.

I used rustoleum rusty metal primer then painted my MV I'm no professional painter but I'd sand it good with 60 grit possibly then a finer grit.If you use a sprayer to paint it be careful the behr paint will run easy on vertical so light coats.I hope this helps.

zout

Behr has the primer in the paint on plus ans marquee.

But....your dealing with other types of paint chemicals underneath and i would use a separate primer to get that sealed off from what you mentioned that it was peeling....not good.

Sand with 320......put a HIGH BUILD primer on it......sand per instructions.....then use the Marquee.

Smokinyoda

When you get it done post some pics of your progress. I might like to drive up and check it out, getting ready to do one myself.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up the Rustoleum Rust Metal Primer to put on my truck first as well. Sand, primer, sand then Behr paint.

Note, having JUST bought the "34087/24087" the option to make it a flat was right in the Home Depot Screen/dialogue, just took a minute to figure out the numbers are the names of the paints.