• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bent driveline replacement

2deuce

Are the M1008 and M1031 drivelines the same length? I know they have different transfer cases. I would guess that the u-joints are the same.
Are there any civilian vehicles that have the same length of driveshaft even if the u-joints are different?
Thanks

Cucvnut

no the 208 is longer than 205. a late 70's model K30 will have a 205 t case and the drive shaft would be the same at a M1031
a min to late 80's K30 will have thee same drive shaft as a M1008. or you can just have one made.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bite the bullet and have yours replaced. Find a company that builds them. Mine cost about $400 for my M1028A2 dually and included a new front spine, which had spit two or three 'teeth'.

So just replacing the drive shaft MAY or may not solve your problem. If the splined connector the drive shaft u-joints attach to is trashed, a different drive shaft won't solve THAT problem.

Is your vibrating at a SPECIFIC speed or all up and down your power band?

Once I paid the money and picked it up after it had been fixed I had to pay REAL CLOSE ATTENTION to my speed because it was SO SMOOTH with the correct parts in place.

2deuce

Mine has forklift damage, hence the bent driveline. I thought it might be cheaper to find a good used one. Finding a good straight one and putting new on it would probably save also. Thanks

2deuce

I'll check with a driveline service to see what that runs. I see trucks being parted out all the time so I thought I'd see if there was a compatible swap. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks